24/7 nation?

So we’ve decided to open up our service centre for a half day on Saturdays and we’ve advertised it a bit with our clients.

We did it because we thought it would be a big hit. But guess what? Hardly anyone calls! So do you reckon we are really still a 9 to 5 country? Do we see weekends as a time to get away from anything that reminds us of work?

Is salary packaging the last thing we want to think about during the weekends? Or do you reckon that we are really a 24/7 nation and that our little weekend trial will slowly become a lot more popular? Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a comment here

22 Responses to “24/7 nation?”

1. 1 Hamed December 9, 2009 at 7:27 pm

Very good idea.
    It is very difficult for us to contact you during business hours at work and we are not at home before 7pm.

2. 2 Adrian Barnett December 9, 2009 at 8:57 pm

I’m very busy and I work night shift so 24/7 is more convenient for me than 9 to 5.

3. 3 Ailsa Kelly December 10, 2009 at 6:35 pm

I’m a Monday to Friday person myself. I love to go shopping and relax & enjoy my weekends. But it’s great that your trying to please your customers and offer good customer service. I’m lucky enough not to have to work weekends.

4. 4 Pamela December 10, 2009 at 9:36 pm

I think its a brilliant idea as most of us are shift workers.
    If only we had been advised.
    As some of us work in a hospital it is not possible to
    phone between 9-5.
    Thanks for your consideration.
    Pam.

5. 5 Chris December 11, 2009 at 10:29 am

Extended hours are a great idea, I do my best to manage my salary package during regular business hours and mostly succeed however there are times when I’m caught out. To my mind the extra hours may not be necessary most of the time but when you need the access they provide, they are a god send!

6. 6 Val Verma December 11, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Didn’t know you were open Saturdays. It’s a good idea!

7. 7 maureen randall December 11, 2009 at 11:16 pm

i think it’s an excellent idea to be available on saturday mornings

8. 8 Penelope Ackery December 12, 2009 at 2:00 pm

I was heartened to hear hardly anybody calls on Saturday. Maybe those workers rostered on will be able to spend their Saturday mornings like many of the rest of us sleeping in, bike riding, relaxing with family and friends or just enjoying their own leisure time. Waiting two days to check something with Smart Salary is not an inconvenience. Life will continue on if I don’t fix up some matter or other for a few days.

If shift workers and others have time to email to this survey/change, then I’m sure they are capable of emailing on the weekend or whenever and of waiting for a reply.

9. 9 lawrence Harvey December 15, 2009 at 10:04 am

I think extended hours during the week would be better, say 9am till 8pm.

10. 10 David Strauss December 15, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Not to sure about a 24/7 nation but I like the ability to contact people via E-mail not that I need an immediate response but within a day or two is normally adequate. The other option when working is to be able to contact you before work or after hours during weekdays. I am in the Defence Force and therefore if I have something pressing that I need to talk to you about can normally organise this during normal working hours depending upon where I am and what I am doing.

Appreciate you seeking our feedback, hope you get some responses.

Regards,

David Strauss

• 11 ceosmartsalary December 16, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Ya, a couple of months ago, we also extended our weekday hours to go from 8:00 am – 8:30 pm. Looks like a few have commented on this, so hopefully it’ll be a hit! And agree with you re emails – they continue to be a popular way to get in touch with us.

11. 12 avactaccepe January 2, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Authentic words, some truthful words dude. Thanks for making my day!

12. 13 Matthew Bell January 31, 2010 at 8:28 am

The media rarely tells the whole truth, and far too often exagerates and misrepresents the truth – to keep us addicted and to make themselves money. It will come back to bite them.

13. 14 Akinola Adisa February 5, 2010 at 7:11 am

So you now open half day on saturday? I never knew that. ‘Advertising it a bit with customers’ has definitely not worked given your admission that no one called. One thing I note with Smart salary is that unless there is a survey or there is a need to complete a requirement, we hardly hear anything from you guys. Perhaps you need to revamp your advertisement strategies. Extended service time is always a desired option so keep the saturdays please.

14. 15 Mick February 11, 2010 at 1:26 pm

This is an excellent idea, as many health workers are on shift patterns that make it difficult to access the service of SmartSalary during normal working hours.

I would like to say also the service provided by SmartSalary is excellent on the phone, I have used services for salary packaging in others states and this is the best.

15. 16 Ron February 15, 2010 at 11:57 am

Its a great idea, but you need to get your 9-5 weekdays sorted out first. I have been trying to get started with my packaging for the last three weeks and still no sucess. Time is running out for the 31st deadline

• 17 ceosmartsalary February 15, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Ron, thanks for being so candid. Agree 3 weeks is outrageous. We are currently processing applications within 2 – 3 days, and emails are mostly answered same or next day. I have just sent a message to the Team Leader of our Sales Team, so someone will drop you an email either later tonight or first thing in the morning!

16. 18 Ron February 15, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Thanks for the prompt response. One of your team has called me and sorted out the application.

17. 19 Julie fox February 18, 2010 at 8:54 am

yeah half day on Saturday is good, afterall sometime the week is so full on that you just dont have time to do the ringing around.

Just like some Banks are open now half day on Saturday, which is very handy, when you just dont have time to go to the bank on days of the week.

I’m totally all for it. Thanks!!!

18. 20 Brad March 3, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Maybe the staff that are working on Saturdays could use the time they are savng not answering calls because no one is calling by processing our claims faster. I mean really 5-7 days to get acknowledgement of Smart Salary having just recived a claim is crazy.

There should only be a maximum of 48 hourse turn around on claims.

I think there excuses the staff give for the delays is quiet funny though!

19. 21 ceosmartsalary March 3, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your comment. I agree with you 100%. We’ve just rolled out a new document management system. It has lots of advantages when compared to processing claims manually.

As you’ve experienced, however, we are still working out the kinks, and processing times have been extended. Interestingly, the team is processing claims within 48 hours or receipt by them . . . it’s just that it’s currently taking a few days to get the scanning in place.

As part of our continuous improvement program, we are working on fixing the process, and looking to have your claims processed within 48 hours of initial receipt!

We appreciate your patience, and do think that in the longer run the new document management system will prove to be a winner.

Thanks again for your comment.

Kind regards,
    Deven

20. 22 Jacqui March 11, 2010 at 7:47 am

I would not bother with salary packaging enquiries on the weekend even although I am a shift worker and often work on saturdays!

Cheers